Funny out of office messages

Vacation time is in its prime. People are leaving their offices to go on their dream holiday. They want to rest and don't think about their jobs for one, two or maybe even three weeks.

But before packing your suitcase with sun blockers, summer dresses and new bikini, there's one important thing to do. And that is setting up your out of office message. You don't want people to write you emails full of complaints, asking why on earth have you not responded yet?

An internet free trip

Not long ago, I wrote an email to my friend and immediately got the response: "Hi there, I'm out on an internet-free trip. I will be back on dd/mm. Until then."
I was impressed. I didn't expect that and felt like I bothered her anyway. I guess that was the point, which is good. For her.

Personally, I haven't set up my out of office message, but, lately, I get more inquiries and messages while I'm on vacation than when I'm normally at the office (I'm sure there's a law for that). Maybe I should consider it?

I don't know about policies in your company, but when you actually decide to take a leave, don't be afraid to announce it. It's essential for your well being to disconnect from time to time.

And when you decide to do it, why don't you set up some funny out of office messages like one of these below. At least people who stayed at the office will have something to smile about.

I will be out of the office and returning next week. I have incredibly easy access to a phone and email, but I assure you, it will not be used for work purposes.

Many people write to their teams that they will be available whenever possible while they're away. One time I wrote to my colleagues that I will take my laptop on vacation but I won't use it whenever possible. Small difference but I think vacation with work is not a vacation. It's still work, just with better views.

I'm not in the office right now, but if it's important; tweet me using #InterruptYourVacation.

I'm sure that, when your teamwork mates discover this message, they will tweet you as much as they can, sending "greetings from the office" and pictures of the things you specifically told them not to use. For example your favorite, one and only mug. But that's what office colleagues do. So forgive them for being themselves. I'm sure your customers have more heart in this case.

I am on annual leave until dd/mm/yyyy. I will allow each sender one email and if you send me multiple emails, I will randomly delete your emails until there is only one remaining. Choose wisely. Please note that you already sent me one email.

Well, this one is harsh. But when you're on annual leave you can't have mercy for people. I guess you need to take drastic steps just to keep it all together. And sometimes it means scaring people a little bt, for example, saying that you will delete their emails. I hope it works.

I will be out of the office for the rest of the day without access to email. If this is an emergency, please call emergency services.

What can I say, not every job requires being on stand-by. Sometimes other people don't understand that. This message should get them thinking.

I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position.

Well, either it was one of these office jokers/trolls, or he or she doesn't like their job very much.

On vacation. Hoping to win the lottery and never return.

People can dream, right?

Thanks for your email. I'm currently on holidays with my family for the first time in (what seems like) forever. For urgent matters, Gladys will help you. She doesn't have a cape, but she is basically superwoman. See you real soon NSW, Mike.

When you have someone covering for you, it's much easier to set up a nice message. After all, he or she will do your job, while you will drink up that Sangria on the beach. A little appreciation for this person is awesome. It makes them look trustworthy and shows the sender that you're a kind team player. Read more about how to appreciate your employees.

This email is an original email from Mike Baird, Premier of New South Wales, Australia. And speaking of important people, you don't want to miss an email from them while you're gone.

I'm out of the office from 11/11 to 11/17, and I will not be checking email. It's likely your note will be swallowed in a sea of inbox banality, never to be seen again. if you require a response, please resend your email after 11/18. For urgent editorial issues, please contact the channel or features editor responsible for that content. If you are Barack Obama, text me bro. We need to talk.

Referring to some important people again. You don't want to miss out Obama's email while you're gone. That's another reason you should enable out of office message.

Out of office messages

Don't be afraid to set up out of office message (If you want to answer to your customers in a more formal way, check out of office message templates created by Learning Space.). You have the right to unplug and chill for a bit to come back with even more energy.

And, while setting it up, you give your customers a reason to smile. And, after all, that's part of your everyday job. So consider it done!

sources: Funniest out of office replies, Out of office funny emails, Out of office Examples